Women’s Fellowship Annual Meeting
Circle 1 Bake Sale at Christmas Bazaar
Shoppers at Christmas Bazaar
Women’s Fellowship 2017 Calendar
|November 18||Christmas Bazaar||9am-2pm|
Purpose: To unite the women of Lynnhaven Colony Congregational Church by cultivating the spirit of Christ in every area of human life, by providing guidance and encouragement through worship, study and service.
Membership is open to all the women of the church
Circle 1; meeting the third Tuesday of the month during the day,
Circle 3; meeting at various times of the year in the evening
Meetings: The Fellowship meets three times a year; Jan. (annual meeting), May or June (mission or musical program), and Nov (Fall Meeting – nomination of yearly officers).
Officers are elected yearly from the membership and consist of president, vice-president, secretary, and treasurer. The past president and the circle presidents also serve as board members.
Committee chairpersons include
- Special ministries
- Spiritual life
- Telephone tree
- Ways and Means
- Memorial garden
- Mission support
Budget: the membership approves a budget yearly, supported by fundraisers, that enable the fellowship to provide assistance to many helping agencies, purchase much needed items for the church and under gird the church’s budget as needed. Memorial donations to the Memorial Garden are made throughout the year whenever a member of the church looses an immediate family member.
Goals: yearly at the annual meeting, a set of goals is adopted. Past goals are as follows:
- Working together toward harmony and unity within the church
- Encouraging attendance at both Circle 1 and Circle 3 meetings
- Continuing assistance for our church members and friends of the church that need assistance with medical transportation and other requests as needed.
- Continuing to sponsor regular church potluck luncheons to promote fellowship
- Fostering a closer relationship between Association/Conference and Lynnhaven Colony Congregational Church. (especially by attending women’s meetings and participation in known projects that we could support.)